lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Miller <computerengineer.bran...@gmail.com>
Subject SpanQuery - How to wrap a NOT subquery
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 18:35:41 GMT
Greetings!

I'm wanting to support this:
TermA within_N_terms_of (abc and cba or xyz and not zyx or not yyy)

Focusing on the sub-query:
I have ANDs and ORs figured out (special tricks playing with slops and
such).

I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to wrap a NOT.

Outside of SpanQuery, I'm using a BooleanQuery with a MUST_NOT clause.
That's fine (if you know another way, I'd like to hear that, too, but this
appears to work dandy).

However, SpanQuery requires queries that are also of type SpanQuery or
SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper will allow you to throw in anything derived from
MultiTermQuery (which includes AutomatedQuery).

Right now, I'm at a loss.  We have huge, complex, nested boolean queries
inside proximity operators with our current solution.

If I need to write a custom solution, then that's what I need to hear and
perhaps a couple of pointers.

Thanks a bunch and God bless!

Brandon