lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrew Bennison (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-9179) Error Initializing Schema
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 14:53:59 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9179?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15310424#comment-15310424
] 

Andrew Bennison commented on SOLR-9179:
---------------------------------------

I replaced contrib and dist directories with 6.0.1 versions and replaced webapp with 6.0.1
version.
Updated solrconfig to reflect new version ie lucene version from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1
We use ClassicSchema on current 5.x Production and 6.0.0 Development Versions

With Schema set at classic get the initialization Error as soon as I start everything up.

If I replace <schemaFactory class="ClassicIndexSchemaFactory"/> with 

<schemaFactory class="ManagedIndexSchemaFactory">
   <bool name="mutable">true</bool>
   <str name="managedSchemaResourceName">managed-schema</str>
</schemaFactory>

Then when I load it creates the managed-schema and loads the core.

If I then shutdown and restart I get the Error.

If I rename schema.xml.bak to schema.xml and delete managed-schema it will load again OK.

everything is fine running under 6.0.0




> Error Initializing Schema 
> --------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-9179
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9179
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Schema and Analysis
>    Affects Versions: 6.0.1
>         Environment: SOLR 6.0.1 running under Tomcat 8.0.35 on IBM System I
>            Reporter: Andrew Bennison
>
> After upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 am getting Schema Initialization Errors.
> If I switch from ClassicSchema to Managed the Core will load first time, however subsequent
loads will fail.
> Error received is :
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:771)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:642)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:817)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.access$000(CoreContainer.java:88)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:468)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:459)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:277)
> 	at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:229)
> 	at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor$$Lambda$1.00000000948BC950.run(Unknown
Source)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1153)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:785)
> Caused by: java.lang.BootstrapMethodError: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema$SchemaProps$Handler.<clinit>(IndexSchema.java:1392)
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.SchemaHandler.<clinit>(SchemaHandler.java:62)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:343)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:530)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:467)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInstance(SolrCore.java:565)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.PluginBag.createPlugin(PluginBag.java:121)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.PluginBag.init(PluginBag.java:221)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers.initHandlersFromConfig(RequestHandlers.java:130)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:727)
> 	... 11 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> 	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.ensureError(J9VMInternals.java:137)
> 	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.recordInitializationFailure(J9VMInternals.java:126)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:343)
> 	at java.lang.invoke.MethodType.nonPrimitiveClassFromString(MethodType.java:311)
> 	at java.lang.invoke.MethodType.parseIntoClasses(MethodType.java:373)
> 	at java.lang.invoke.MethodType.fromMethodDescriptorString(MethodType.java:286)
> 	at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.sendResolveMethodHandle(MethodHandle.java:961)
> 	at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.getCPMethodHandleAt(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.resolveInvokeDynamic(MethodHandle.java:852)
> 	... 22 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema$SchemaProps$Handler.values(IndexSchema.java:1391)
> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema$SchemaProps.<clinit>(IndexSchema.java:1503)
> 	... 30 more



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message