lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <cpoersc...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: 6.4 release
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 18:52:29 GMT
I'd like to finalise the name of the Learning-To-Rank (SOLR-8542) Solr Ref Guide page before
the first RC is cut.

Details:

The Solr Reference Guide content for SOLR-8542 (Integrate Learning to Rank into Solr) is currently
on the tentatively named https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Result+Reranking
page. Suggestions for alternative page names would be very welcome.

The "Result Reranking" page would be placed after the "Result Grouping" and "Result Clustering"
pages, suggestions for alternative placements would be welcome also.

The following files currently mention the "Result Reranking" page:
* https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/solr/contrib/ltr/README.md
* https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/solr/contrib/ltr/example/README.md
* https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/solr/server/solr/configsets/sample_techproducts_configs/conf/solrconfig.xml

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 01/04/17 08:52:44
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: 6.4 release

+1 to cut the 6.4 branch and build a RC next monday

Le mer. 4 janv. 2017 à 07:39, Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com> a
écrit :

On 4 Jan 2017, at 05:00, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
If the metrics changes get in, I will be very, very happy. We’ve been running with local
hacks for four years.

Most of the key instrumentation is already in place. Shalin and I are working now on cloud-related
metrics (transaction log metrics, aggregated metrics from replicas and from shard leaders).
There’s one improvement that would be good to put into 6.4: SOLR-9911 Add a way to filter
metrics by prefix in the MetricsHandler API. This would help a lot in optimizing the retrieval
of selected metrics, from among the hundreds that we track now.

Andrzej

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org