lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <cpoersc...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: 6.4 release
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 12:32:36 GMT
Hi Jim, there's some permissions group to which your wiki handle probably still needs to be
added, I recall running into this myself w.r.t. editing pages.

This thread sounds related: http://apache.markmail.org/thread/5ldcbqa5tirofplc

Going forward, could we make wiki and cwiki permission setup part of the new committer setup
workflow perhaps?

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 01/09/17 11:37:13
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: 6.4 release

Thanks for sharing Uwe. It would be wonderful to make latest java9 works with the released
version. I can delay the branching until https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7596
is closed ?
In the mean time I am trying to create the release notes in the wiki but I don't have the
permissions to create the pages. Where can I get such permissions ?

Hi,

I am fine with the start of release process, but I would like to add one thing:

I know that Elasticsearch wants to be compatible with recent Java 9 for the continuous delievery
process. The new Lucene release is compatible with that (mmap unmapping works), but you cannot
build the release with Java 9 148+. Currently the release vote of Groovy 2.4.8 is ongoing
and should finish the next few days. So I’d suggest to delay a bit, so I can update common-build.xml
and raise the Groovy version: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7596

This does not make Solr Tests work with Java 9, but that’s a different discussion (mocking
frameworks broke with recent Java 9): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9893
I will fix this by disabling those tests with Java 9, but that a bit of work to set those
assumeFalse(Constants.JAVA9….). I don’t see this as a blocker!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen