lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <cpoersc...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:38:01 GMT
+1 for May.

I'd like to see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8668 in the 7.0 release (and have
tagged/updated the ticket to indicate so).

Christine

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 01/24/17 17:17:27
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene/Solr 7

I would love to see SOLR-5944, SOLR-8029, SOLR-9835 in a 7.0 release. I think all of these
are very close to landing up on master.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

We have accumulated some good changes in master, like point support in Solr or sparse norms/doc-values
in Lucene. I think it would be nice to expose these new features to our users, so what would
you think about starting to work on making master ready to be released?

Since the question about the timeframe will be asked, I think we could target something like
early May 2017, which is a bit more than 3 months away from now. What do you think?

Adrien