lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MemoryIndex and query not matching a Long value
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 21:45:49 GMT
LongPoint uses the Points API.  If you are using a Solr QParserPlugin, it's not going to use
that API. Assuming you're in Solr land, I think you should be using utility methods on FieldType
(lookup from schema) which can create the Field instances to be put on the document.

~ David

> On Jan 2, 2017, at 4:33 PM, Dennis Gove <dpgove@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm messing around with a MemoryIndex and am indexing a field of type Long. From everything
I can tell, this should be added into a Document as type org.apache.lucene.document.LongPoint.
However, when I try to match it with a query of form "a_i:1" it doesn't match.

> For example, full document is
> {
>   a_s:"hello1",
>   a_i:1
> }
> with Query object created from
> "a_i:1"
>
> the return in call to
> index.search(query)
>
> is 0 (ie, a non-match)
>
> The only thing I can think of is that the document field should actually be something
else, or that the creation of a Query object from "a_i:1" isn't going to match a LongPoint
value.