lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Đạt Cao Mạnh <caomanhdat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Cao Manh Dat as a Lucene/Solr committer
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2017 00:52:22 GMT
Thanks to everyone! I still can not believe this is true.

Brief intro:
I started out with Lucene since I was a student at university, by writing a
Vietnamese Analyzer for Lucene. But I didn't realize how great is open
source/ apache projects.

After college, I joined Viettel and worked on building a search engine for
Vietnamese. Then I found a bug on Lucene (LUCENE-6558) and decided to
contribute back to the community. By contributing the first patch to Lucene
(LUCENE-6558). I realized that, how wonderful to work with open source and
how nicely people at Lucene/Solr are. Especially Joel who help me a lot at
complete SOLR-9252.

After that experience I joined Lucidworks, everything is great here. Since
then I've worked on SolrCloud issues and helped a lot by Shalin.

P/S : I still can not believe this is true.