lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jennifer Coston <jncos...@gmail.com>
Subject -ea assertions mismatch error when running JUnit test
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 19:34:51 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to switch from using the SolrJ Embedded Server to the
SolrJettyTestBase in my Junit tests. However, I am getting the following
error:

java.lang.Exception: Assertions mismatch: -ea was not specified but
-Dtests.asserts=true

                at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([5B25E606A72BD541]:0)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleAssertionsRequired$1.
evaluate(TestRuleAssertionsRequired.java:47)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.
evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:47)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures
$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:64)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites$1.
evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites.java:54)

                at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.
StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)

                at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$
StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:367)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I reached out to the Solr User list, and they said that I need to either
add "-ea" to the java commandline or remove the system property. The
problem is that I didn’t specify the property and I’m not sure how to tell
the project not to test the asserts besides adding System.*setProperty*(
"tests.asserts", "false"); which didn’t work. I have been told to re-direct
my question to you. I have created a simple project on github (
https://github.com/jencodingatwork/SolrTestClass) so that you can see the
issue. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Jennifer