lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: 6.4 release
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:38:14 GMT

> On 19 Jan 2017, at 15:01, jim ferenczi <jim.ferenczi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I updated the release notes for Solr here:
> https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote64 <https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote64>
>
> The vote is going great so we may be able to start the release tomorrow night and make
the announcement on Monday.
> We still need to finalize the release notes, could you please check that it's showing
the right infos.

Notes look great. Minor issues:
* the first highlights section is titled “DocValues, streaming, …” but bullet points
below don’t mention anything about DocValues.
* the section about metrics, first bullet point about metrics-jvm… I think it should just
say in general that it uses Dropwizard Metrics API, and the bit about JVM internals should
be moved to the second bullet point.

Thank you!

> Thanks. It looks fine for me.
>

>> On 17 Jan 2017, at 18:37, jim ferenczi <jim.ferenczi@gmail.com <mailto:jim.ferenczi@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> I added a line about DrillSideways in the new features since that's where it is in
the CHANGES.txt but maybe it should be placed in the enhancement section ?

>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> May I suggest to add this new feature from the Facet module ?
>>
>> A parallel DrillSideways implementation
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7588 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7588>
>>
>> Emmanuel.
>>

>>> On 17 Jan 2017, at 17:36, jim ferenczi <jim.ferenczi@gmail.com <mailto:jim.ferenczi@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> I've created the release notes for Lucene and copied the template for Solr. I
am not very familiar with the features/bugs/... to highlight for Solr in this release so any
help would be greatly appreciated ;). For Lucene I wrote a first version that also needs review:

>>> https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote64 <https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote64>
>>> https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote64 <https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote64>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim

>>> Ok thanks David. I'll build the first RC now so your commit will be included.

>>> I just got in the hl.fragsize==0 special case for the SolrUnifiedHighlighter
to branch master, 6x, 6.4

>>> There is a lingering question of the default for hl.maxAnalyzedChars https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9708?focusedCommentId=15825503&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15825503
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9708?focusedCommentId=15825503&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15825503>
 but it's not critical; maybe even wait for a second release candidate if that happens.