lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr JIRA: Merge components "web gui" and "UI"
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 02:54:15 GMT
I don't have a new complete list, but I did manage to bend JIRA into
the shape to give the numbers on usage, broken down by component and
status. It is a "two-dimensional filter statistics" dashboard, for
anybody interested.

Unfortunately, I don't think anybody else can see my dashboard, so I
copied it to
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13AfPqHsog4YKtbbX4xQXVwmL_bWEOkfa_nMIjvR5oeM/edit?usp=sharing

Looking at this, I think:
1) "client - java" and SolrJ should probably be merged (into "client - SolrJ")
2) The rest of the client - X could probably be all merged into "client - Other"
3) Component "search" seems to not mean anything. Same with "server".
No coherent tagging strategy, looking at them.
4) There is a couple of "contrib - X", most without any issues
5) For Hadoop, we have "hdfs", "Hadoop Integration", "contrib -
MapReduce" . Are these all related?
6) We have 2 issues in "Rules" which seem to be more about
"replication" or "SolrCloud". Plus there are two more replication
category, one for Java and one with a single open issue (which I just
pinged to close) for scripts. We can probably merge them into
SolrCloud or at least into one Replication.
7) We have two "facet" related components, probably safe to merge.
8) On the other hand, "JSON Request API" is probably standalone

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 16 February 2017 at 14:37, Jan H√łydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
> We could start by narrowing the admin group to equal the PMC group and then educate ourselves
about when (not) to create new components or releases.

> Then if someone need admin rights (I could imagine e.g. Release Managers) we could tackle
it as we go.

> Next, someone suggests a complete revised component list (keep it short) and we clean
up the mess (when you click delete you are asked what component to move the issues to instead
so that part is easy).