lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Apache Solr Ref Guide for 6.4
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 22:52:50 GMT
Thanks guys for your reviews and fixing the small issues you see as you go.

Steve, let me know when you've fixed those issues, and I'll respin and
put up a new RC.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On page 345, there is a table that is missing content because it’s truncated on the
right (a column is missing), under:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Learning+To+Rank | Concepts | Training
| Feature engineering
>
> I found several other minor problems, but missing info as above seems worthy of respin.
 Sorry I didn’t look earlier.  I’ll go make edits now.

> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
>> On Feb 3, 2017, at 1:43 PM, Tomás Fernández Löbbe <tomasflobbe@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> +1 eyeballed all the pages and read some random sections.
>> Two minor things I caught (not for respin), some of the examples in LTR for some
reason are very narrow (pages 355 to 365).
>> We still talk about DismaxRequestHandler in "Overview of Searching in Solr", and
we even say it's the default. I'll go and change it now.

>> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1. I reviewed the changes to the Streaming Expressions docs. They look good.
>>
>> Joel Bernstein
>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:40 PM, David Smiley <david.w.smiley@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1 from me.  I reviewed the Highlighting section specifically and found a small error
(fixed in Confluence just now) but not enough to warrant a respin IMO.