lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr JIRA: Merge components "web gui" and "UI"
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:23:37 GMT
On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch
<arafalov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are we SURE that the role has not been relaxed by INFRA? Because if it
> is just us, we could do a one-time cleanup and try to be neat.

Relaxed in what way? That all users have project admin-level
permissions? That seems unlikely.

It's a default setting in JIRA that can't be changed. If you read the
comments in that issue Jan pointed to, the situation becomes clear: If
you have project admin permissions, you can edit components (by
default, and unchangeable) because that's part of administering a
project, and thus you have permission to create them on the fly in the
UI (also by default, and unchangeable).