lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr JIRA: Merge components "web gui" and "UI"
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:14:38 GMT
Hmm, we’re not the only one having the challenge https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42068
<https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42068>

However, it’s only Project Admins who can create new components on the fly:

Adrien GrandAlan WoodwardAlexandre RafalovitchAndi VajdaAndrzej BialeckiAnshum GuptaAreek
ZillurBenson MarguliesCassandra TargettChris MaleChristian MoenChristine PoerschkeDaniel NaberDavid
SmileyDavid SmileyDawid WeissDoug CuttingErick EricksonErick EricksonErik HatcherGrant IngersollhoschekHoss
ManJames DyerJan HøydahlJoel BernsteinKarl WettinKevin RisdenKoji SekiguchiMark HarwoodMark
MillerMichael BuschMichael McCandlessMike KlaasNoble PaulOtis GospodneticRamkumar AiyengarRobert
MuirRyan ErnstRyan McKinleySami SirenScott BlumScott GanyoShai EreraShalin Shekhar MangarShawn
HeiseySimon WillnauerStanislaw OsinskiStefan Matheis (steffkes)Steve RoweTimothy PotterTommaso
TeofiliTomás Fernández LöbbeUpayaviraUwe SchindlerVarun Thackerwolfgang hoschekYonik Seeley

So either all of us should be more thoughtful before creating new stuff (preferred), or we
limit the Admin list?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 16. feb. 2017 kl. 17.03 skrev Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>:
>
> Done.
>
> You are right that there are quite some overlap, we have “security” vs “Authentication”
mm.
> The problem is that anyone can create new components just by typing some string in the
field and selecting “new”. Could we disable that feature? I could not see how.