lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Yonik Seeley (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-10141) Caffeine cache causes BlockCache corruption
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2017 15:21:44 GMT


Yonik Seeley commented on SOLR-10141:

Thanks Ben, I confirmed that this fixes the removalListener issue.

As far as the cache size issue, I've found that calling cache.cleanUp() after a put() seems
to keep things under control.  Is there any other method I should look at?
            if (cache.estimatedSize() > maxEntries) {
              // BlockCache *really* relies on having enough removalListeners called to get
back down to the configured maxEntries (otherwise the
              // underlying direct memory will be exhausted and the will
have to fail).

> Caffeine cache causes BlockCache corruption 
> --------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-10141
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Default Security Level. Issues are Public) 
>            Reporter: Yonik Seeley
>         Attachments: SOLR-10141.patch,
> After fixing the race conditions in the BlockCache itself (SOLR-10121), the concurrency
test passes with the previous implementation using ConcurrentLinkedHashMap and fail with Caffeine.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message