lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with 6.5.1 RC2
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:37:42 GMT
Yeah, that is a sucky part of this: you want to make modifications on the release branch, but
you can’t test unless you commit (and push).

Another alternative: make modifications in another checkout, then invoke the script with from
an unmodified source tree.

e.g.:

cd ..
cp -r lucene-solr lucene-solr-2 # assuming lucene-solr is your checkout dir
# edit lucene-solr-2/dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py
cd lucene-solr
python3 -u ../lucene-solr-2/dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py …

(a shorter form of that is to make a copy the script alone and invoke the modified version
from your checkout)

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 4:32 PM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ha, that doesn't work either. Now I get this error:
>
> RuntimeError: There are unpushed commits - "git log origin/branch_6_5.." output is:
>
> So, I'm going to have to push this out.
>
> Let's first decide if this makes sense as the way forward.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve, when I change the script to turn off verification I get the following error:
> RuntimeError: git clone is dirty:
>
> So as part of the work around I think I'm going to have to commit locally and then revert
locally. Does that make sense to you as the way forward?