lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>
Subject JIRA Status - Finding Patch Submissions
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:15:18 GMT
Devs,

Does anybody have good JIRA filters or processes for finding issues with
patches available and attached, or maybe with open pull requests for them?
I was talking to a few folks and we remarked how patches can sometimes sit
on issues for a long time, and this seems like a wasted opportunity when it
happens.

If the patch sits for too long, it can be discouraging to new contributors.
But it is also undesirable for us to let code rot happen like this, since
they may be fixes for bugs that we haven't run into ourselves yet.

Other projects use a Jira "patch available" status, or rely mostly on
GitHub PRs, or have other mechanisms for improving visibility of pending
contributions. I don't know which method is best, and am curious what the
rest of the community thinks. Maybe this is already a solved issue.

Mike