lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 6.5.1
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:32:57 GMT
For the record, I figured out why this didn't work. What I believe
happened is I had updated extpaths.txt to the staging SVN repo, but
extpaths can't be pushed into production until the path exists in
production - this is the error Jim saw, I'll wager.

I had in fact pushed the path and the content to production, but
perhaps had missed the window when prod and staging are synced and it
screwed things up. In the ReleaseTodo I borrowed from, the next step
after pushing the javadocs is to work on the website, so I would guess
that step pushes the proper extpaths to production in case it's not
there already automatically.

I did a test today following the same process I used yesterday, but
this time I made sure to publish staging to production after I'd
uploaded the path & content. The extpaths in both places are the same,
so I then did a test of modifying another file in staging and was able
to publish successfully. I'll keep an eye out for the next 24 hours to
make sure the files stay synced, but I think I figured it out so this
won't happen again in the future.

Cassandra