lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with 6.5.1 RC2
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 23:11:42 GMT
Joel,

I know you’re in-process with RC2, but if you have to restart for some reason, I’d like
to include SOLR-10527.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 6:57 PM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I also had to change the smoke tester because of the SSL issue. Which in theory means
everyone else will have to as well. I'm pushing out my changes to branch_6_5, so people can
just update their branch before running the smoke tester.

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I had to push out three changes to the branch but I seemed to have moved passed this
issue.

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll push out the changes and then revert. Hopefully the changes will do the trick after
they've been pushed.

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that is a sucky part of this: you want to make modifications on the release branch,
but you can’t test unless you commit (and push).

> Another alternative: make modifications in another checkout, then invoke the script with
from an unmodified source tree.

> e.g.:
>
> cd ..
> cp -r lucene-solr lucene-solr-2 # assuming lucene-solr is your checkout dir
> # edit lucene-solr-2/dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py
> cd lucene-solr
> python3 -u ../lucene-solr-2/dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py …
>
> (a shorter form of that is to make a copy the script alone and invoke the modified version
from your checkout)

> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com
>
> > On Apr 19, 2017, at 4:32 PM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ha, that doesn't work either. Now I get this error:
> >
> > RuntimeError: There are unpushed commits - "git log origin/branch_6_5.." output
is:

> > So, I'm going to have to push this out.
> >
> > Let's first decide if this makes sense as the way forward.
> >

> > Joel Bernstein
> > http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Steve, when I change the script to turn off verification I get the following error:
> > RuntimeError: git clone is dirty:
> >
> > So as part of the work around I think I'm going to have to commit locally and then
revert locally. Does that make sense to you as the way forward?

> > Joel Bernstein
> > http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Could it be anything to do with the fact that the signer is Semantic
> > and they are being actively distrusted by - at least - Google:
> > http://www.securityweek.com/google-stops-trusting-symantec-issued-certificates
> >
> > Regards,
> >    Alex.
> > ----
> > http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced
> >

> > On 19 April 2017 at 16:22, Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Ok, I'll turn off the cert verification. I wasn't sure if cert verification
> > > was something that was integral to the process.
> > >
> > > Joel Bernstein
> > > http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

I got