lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <ansh...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Feature freeze @ 7.0 branch
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 17:07:29 GMT
I think most of us want to get a bunch of stuff in for the 7.0 release, so it would make sense
for us to open up 7.0 ONLY for improvements (code/usability), deprecations, and bug fixes
for the rest of this week. I would request that all of us wrap everything but blocker bug
fixes by the end of this week i.e. Sunday, July 9th. We need to do this so we can move ahead
and wrap up the real blockers. For stuff that doesn’t make it into our repo by that date
(and isn’t a blocker), there would be a 7.1 :).

Does that sound reasonable to everyone ?

P.S: Please keep the JIRAs updated so everyone else knows what we’re pushing in. Also, in
case of usability changes, we should remember fixing the ref guide (where applicable).

-Anshum

<mailto:cpoerschke@bloomberg.net>> wrote:
> I'd like to see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10985 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10985>
included in 7.0 since it's a small low-risk change but it being in cache classes will benefit
many users.

> Christine
>
> From: dev@lucene.apache.org <mailto:dev@lucene.apache.org> At: 07/05/17 16:00:48
> To: dev@lucene.apache.org <mailto:dev@lucene.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Feature freeze @ 7.0 branch
> Sure Mikhail, and Mike.
>
> -Anshum
>

>> On Jul 5, 2017, at 5:09 AM, Mikhail Khludnev <mkhl@apache.org <mailto:mkhl@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Is it worth to push https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10986 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10986>
fixes regression in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6357 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6357>
into 7.0?

<mailto:lucene@mikemccandless.com>> wrote:
>> Hi Anshum, I'd like to do https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7899 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7899>
for 7.0; it's a simple rename, which I think we should do on major release.  I'll get a patch
up shortly.

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>> wrote:
>> SOLR-10878 and SOLR-10879 didn’t make it before the branches were cut, but I think
they should be included in 7x and 7_0 - I’m going to cherry-pick the commits from master.

>>> On 3 Jul 2017, at 22:29, Anshum Gupta <anshumg@apple.com <mailto:anshumg@apple.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just wanted to call it out and remove any confusions around the fact that we
shouldn’t we committing ‘new features’ to branch_7_0. As far as whatever was already
agreed upon in previous communications, let’s get that stuff in if it’s ready or almost
there. For everything else, kindly check before you commit to the release branch.

>>> Let us make sure that the bugs and edge cases are all taken care of, the deprecations,
and cleanups too.

>>> P.S: Feel free to commit bug fixes without checking, but make sure that we aren’t
hiding features in those commits.