lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tomas Fernandez Lobbe <tflo...@apple.com>
Subject Re: 7.0 Release Update
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 20:02:44 GMT
Lets fix it before releasing. I’d hate to release with a known critical bug.

> On Aug 10, 2017, at 12:54 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Ab,
>
> How quickly are we talking about? If you suggest, we could wait, depending upon the impact,
and the time required to fix it.

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>> wrote:
> I just discovered SOLR-11221, which basically breaks JMX monitoring. We could either
release with “known issues” and then quickly do 7.0.1, or wait until it’s fixed.

>> On 10 Aug 2017, at 18:55, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com <mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> I'll generate a test report for the 7.0 branch tonight so we can evaluate that for
an rc as well.

>> - Mark
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 1:32 PM Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:
>> Good news!
>>
>> I don't see any 'blockers' for 7.0 anymore, which means, after giving Jenkins a couple
of days, I'll cut out an RC. I intend to do this on Wednesday/Thursday, unless a blocker comes
up, which I hope shouldn't be the case.

>> Anshum
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:02 PM Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com <mailto:sarowe@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> I worked through the list of issues with the "numeric-tries-to-points” label and
marked those as 7.0 Blocker that seemed reasonable, on the assumption that we should at a
minimum give clear error messages for points non-compatibility.

>> If others don’t agree with the Blocker assessments I’ve made, I’m willing to
discuss on the issues.

>> I plan on starting to work on the remaining 7.0 blockers now.  I would welcome assistance
in clearing them up.

>> Here’s a JIRA query to see just the remaining 7.0 blockers, of which there are
currently 12:

>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+in+(SOLR,LUCENE)+AND+fixVersion=7.0+AND+priority=Blocker+AND+resolution=Unresolved
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+in+(SOLR,LUCENE)+AND+fixVersion=7.0+AND+priority=Blocker+AND+resolution=Unresolved>>

>> --
>> Steve
>> www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>
>>
>> > On Jul 25, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:

>> > I will *try* to get to it, but can't confirm. If someone else has a spare cycle
and can take it up before I get to it, please do.