lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: 7.0 Release Update
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2017 00:20:08 GMT
Hi Anshum,

The patch for SOLR-11221 is ready, with one caveat - it required larger changes than I thought,
so there’s a sizeable chunk of new code that is not so well tested… I added a test that
used to fail without this change, and manual testing confirms that metrics are now correctly
reported after core reloads.

We could postpone this fix to 7.0.1 if there are objections, but I think it should go in to
7.0 - without the fix JMX reporting is surely broken, with the fix it’s only a possibility
;)

> On 11 Aug 2017, at 19:59, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the report Mark!
>
> and yes, I'll wait until the JMX issue is fixed.
>
> Anshum
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:49 AM Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com <mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Yeah, let's not release a major version with JMX monitoring broken.
>
> Here is a 30 run test report for the 7.0 branch: http://apache-solr-7-0.bitballoon.com/20170811
<http://apache-solr-7-0.bitballoon.com/20170811>

> - Mark
>
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:02 PM Tomas Fernandez Lobbe <tflobbe@apple.com <mailto:tflobbe@apple.com>>
wrote:
> Lets fix it before releasing. I’d hate to release with a known critical bug.
>
>> On Aug 10, 2017, at 12:54 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:

>> Hi Ab,
>>
>> How quickly are we talking about? If you suggest, we could wait, depending upon the
impact, and the time required to fix it.

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>> wrote:
>> I just discovered SOLR-11221, which basically breaks JMX monitoring. We could either
release with “known issues” and then quickly do 7.0.1, or wait until it’s fixed.

>>> On 10 Aug 2017, at 18:55, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com <mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> I'll generate a test report for the 7.0 branch tonight so we can evaluate that
for an rc as well.

>>> - Mark
>>>
>>> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 1:32 PM Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:
>>> Good news!
>>>
>>> I don't see any 'blockers' for 7.0 anymore, which means, after giving Jenkins
a couple of days, I'll cut out an RC. I intend to do this on Wednesday/Thursday, unless a
blocker comes up, which I hope shouldn't be the case.

>>> Anshum
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:02 PM Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com <mailto:sarowe@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>>> I worked through the list of issues with the "numeric-tries-to-points” label
and marked those as 7.0 Blocker that seemed reasonable, on the assumption that we should at
a minimum give clear error messages for points non-compatibility.

>>> If others don’t agree with the Blocker assessments I’ve made, I’m willing
to discuss on the issues.

>>> I plan on starting to work on the remaining 7.0 blockers now.  I would welcome
assistance in clearing them up.

>>> Here’s a JIRA query to see just the remaining 7.0 blockers, of which there
are currently 12:

>>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+in+(SOLR,LUCENE)+AND+fixVersion=7.0+AND+priority=Blocker+AND+resolution=Unresolved
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+in+(SOLR,LUCENE)+AND+fixVersion=7.0+AND+priority=Blocker+AND+resolution=Unresolved>>

>>> --
>>> Steve
>>> www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>

cycle and can take it up before I get to it, please do.

<mailto:casstargett@gmail.com>> wrote:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20numeric-tries-to-points>

And