lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <ansh...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Release 7.0 process starts
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 06:15:00 GMT
I also found more issues when comparing 7x, with 6x this time. I’ll take a look at wether
it’s just the CHANGES entries or have these actually missed the branch. I assume it’s
just the CHANGES, but want to be sure. If the committers involved can pitch in, I’d appreciate,
else I’ll work on this for a bit right now and continue with this tomorrow morning.

- SOLR-10477 (Ab)
- SOLR-10631: Metric reporters leak on 6x. (Ab)
- SOLR-10718: Shawn Feldman, Hrishikesh Gadre, janhoy, Jason Gerlowski via Ishan Chattopadhyaya)
- SOLR-10586 (janhoy)
- SOLR-10587 (janhoy)
- SOLR-10000 (Ab)

I don’t think we’re missing any commits after this as I’ve now compared both 6x with
7.0, and master with 7.0.

-Anshum

> On Aug 22, 2017, at 10:50 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshumg@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m sanitizing the CHANGES.txt in branch_7_0, before cutting the RC. Here are a couple
of conflicting CHANGES.txt entries:

> - SOLR-11128: Entry in 'Other changes' on branch_7_0 , but in 'Other changes' on master
(Varun, Ishan)
> - SOLR-10821: Mention in master (7.0 section) but not in branch_7_0 (Noble, Cassandra,
Shalin)

> I am going to add the entry for SOLR-10821 on branch_7_0, and move the entry to the bug
fix section on master for SOLR-11228.

> If the committers involved here think that isn’t apt, let me know or feel free to fix
it.

> Getting the RC generally takes a few tries, and I’m also helping Varun with the RC
build for 6.6.1, so all of you would have more than a few hours for this :).