lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: 7.0 Release Update
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 19:23:08 GMT
I just discovered SOLR-11221, which basically breaks JMX monitoring. We could either release
with “known issues” and then quickly do 7.0.1, or wait until it’s fixed.

> On 10 Aug 2017, at 18:55, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'll generate a test report for the 7.0 branch tonight so we can evaluate that for an
rc as well.

> - Mark
>
> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 1:32 PM Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:
> Good news!
>
> I don't see any 'blockers' for 7.0 anymore, which means, after giving Jenkins a couple
of days, I'll cut out an RC. I intend to do this on Wednesday/Thursday, unless a blocker comes
up, which I hope shouldn't be the case.

> Anshum
>

> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:02 PM Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com <mailto:sarowe@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> I worked through the list of issues with the "numeric-tries-to-points” label and marked
those as 7.0 Blocker that seemed reasonable, on the assumption that we should at a minimum
give clear error messages for points non-compatibility.

> If others don’t agree with the Blocker assessments I’ve made, I’m willing to discuss
on the issues.

> I plan on starting to work on the remaining 7.0 blockers now.  I would welcome assistance
in clearing them up.

> Here’s a JIRA query to see just the remaining 7.0 blockers, of which there are currently
12:

> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+in+(SOLR,LUCENE)+AND+fixVersion=7.0+AND+priority=Blocker+AND+resolution=Unresolved
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+in+(SOLR,LUCENE)+AND+fixVersion=7.0+AND+priority=Blocker+AND+resolution=Unresolved>>

> --
> Steve
> www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>
>
> > On Jul 25, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:

> > I will *try* to get to it, but can't confirm. If someone else has a spare cycle
and can take it up before I get to it, please do.