lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: 7.0 Release Update
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:28:59 GMT
Hi,

I’ve committed the fix for SOLR-11221 to branch_7_0 (and branch_7x and master).

> On 12 Aug 2017, at 02:20, Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Anshum,
>
> The patch for SOLR-11221 is ready, with one caveat - it required larger changes than
I thought, so there’s a sizeable chunk of new code that is not so well tested… I added
a test that used to fail without this change, and manual testing confirms that metrics are
now correctly reported after core reloads.

> We could postpone this fix to 7.0.1 if there are objections, but I think it should go
in to 7.0 - without the fix JMX reporting is surely broken, with the fix it’s only a possibility
;)

>> On 11 Aug 2017, at 19:59, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:

>> Thanks for the report Mark!
>>
>> and yes, I'll wait until the JMX issue is fixed.
>>
>> Anshum
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:49 AM Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com <mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Yeah, let's not release a major version with JMX monitoring broken.
>>
>> Here is a 30 run test report for the 7.0 branch: http://apache-solr-7-0.bitballoon.com/20170811
<http://apache-solr-7-0.bitballoon.com/20170811>

>> - Mark
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:02 PM Tomas Fernandez Lobbe <tflobbe@apple.com <mailto:tflobbe@apple.com>>
wrote:
>> Lets fix it before releasing. I’d hate to release with a known critical bug.
>>
>>> On Aug 10, 2017, at 12:54 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net <mailto:anshum@anshumgupta.net>>
wrote:

>>> Hi Ab,
>>>
>>> How quickly are we talking about? If you suggest, we could wait, depending upon
the impact, and the time required to fix it.

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>> wrote:
>>> I just discovered SOLR-11221, which basically breaks JMX monitoring. We could
either release with “known issues” and then quickly do 7.0.1, or wait until it’s fixed.

a couple of days, I'll cut out an RC. I intend to do this on Wednesday/Thursday, unless a
blocker comes up, which I hope shouldn't be the case.

label and marked those as 7.0 Blocker that seemed reasonable, on the assumption that we should
at a minimum give clear error messages for points non-compatibility.

assistance in clearing them up.

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+in+(SOLR,LUCENE)+AND+fixVersion=7.0+AND+priority=Blocker+AND+resolution=Unresolved>>

spare cycle and can take it up before I get to it, please do.

<mailto:casstargett@gmail.com>> wrote:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20numeric-tries-to-points>

And