lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Release 7.0 process starts
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 07:41:01 GMT
> - SOLR-10586 (janhoy)
> - SOLR-10587 (janhoy)

Both of these are only committed to 6.x branch, while the related SOLR-10584 and SOLR-10585
were committed to 7.x. This is correct.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 23. aug. 2017 kl. 08.15 skrev Anshum Gupta <anshumg@apple.com>:
>
> I also found more issues when comparing 7x, with 6x this time. I’ll take a look at
wether it’s just the CHANGES entries or have these actually missed the branch. I assume
it’s just the CHANGES, but want to be sure. If the committers involved can pitch in, I’d
appreciate, else I’ll work on this for a bit right now and continue with this tomorrow morning.

> - SOLR-10477 (Ab)
> - SOLR-10631: Metric reporters leak on 6x. (Ab)
> - SOLR-10718: Shawn Feldman, Hrishikesh Gadre, janhoy, Jason Gerlowski via Ishan Chattopadhyaya)
> - SOLR-10586 (janhoy)
> - SOLR-10587 (janhoy)
> - SOLR-10000 (Ab)
>
> I don’t think we’re missing any commits after this as I’ve now compared both 6x
with 7.0, and master with 7.0.

> -Anshum
>

>> On Aug 22, 2017, at 10:50 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshumg@apple.com <mailto:anshumg@apple.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m sanitizing the CHANGES.txt in branch_7_0, before cutting the RC. Here are a
couple of conflicting CHANGES.txt entries:

>> - SOLR-11128: Entry in 'Other changes' on branch_7_0 , but in 'Other changes' on
master (Varun, Ishan)
>> - SOLR-10821: Mention in master (7.0 section) but not in branch_7_0 (Noble, Cassandra,
Shalin)

>> I am going to add the entry for SOLR-10821 on branch_7_0, and move the entry to the
bug fix section on master for SOLR-11228.

>> If the committers involved here think that isn’t apt, let me know or feel free
to fix it.

>> Getting the RC generally takes a few tries, and I’m also helping Varun with the
RC build for 6.6.1, so all of you would have more than a few hours for this :).