lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 7.0 Release Update
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2017 12:25:26 GMT
I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11262
I don't know if it has implications for 7.0 or not.

>From the issue:
"""This means that any code using PushWriter (via MapWriter or
IteratorWriter) will be broken if one tries to use XML response
format. This may easily go unnoticed if one is not using XML response
format in testing (JSON or binary is frequently used)."""

-Yonik

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 5:14 AM, Noble Paul <noble.paul@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry for the last minute notice. I need to fix the folowing as well.
> It may take a few hours
>
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Andrzej Białecki
> <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com> wrote:
>> Then, if I may be so bold, I’d like to slip in SOLR-11235, which is a simple
>> AlreadyClosedException prevention fix. Patch is ready, tests are passing.
>>
>> On 14 Aug 2017, at 19:17, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Ab.
>>
>> I'll cut an RC on Wednesday, so that both, I get the time, and also that the
>> tests get some time on Jenkins.
>>
>> Anshum
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 5:29 AM Andrzej Białecki
>> <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’ve committed the fix for SOLR-11221 to branch_7_0 (and branch_7x and
>>> master).
>>>
>>> On 12 Aug 2017, at 02:20, Andrzej Białecki
>>> <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Anshum,
>>>
>>> The patch for SOLR-11221 is ready, with one caveat - it required larger
>>> changes than I thought, so there’s a sizeable chunk of new code that is not
>>> so well tested… I added a test that used to fail without this change, and
>>> manual testing confirms that metrics are now correctly reported after core
>>> reloads.
>>>
>>> We could postpone this fix to 7.0.1 if there are objections, but I think
>>> it should go in to 7.0 - without the fix JMX reporting is surely broken,
>>> with the fix it’s only a possibility ;)
>>>

>>> On 11 Aug 2017, at 19:59, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the report Mark!
>>>
>>> and yes, I'll wait until the JMX issue is fixed.
>>>
>>> Anshum

We

Blocker that seemed

up the 7.0 release