lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release a 6.6.1
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 15:41:05 GMT
Cool, all the best! In cases when the release process completed without
further errors, except for the one above, the generated artifacts
eventually failed the smoke test (with some missing signature files error).
So, I had to redo them making sure that the sign-artifacts step was not
missed (I remember waiting for that step in order to wait for the password
prompt).

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Varun Thacker <varun@vthacker.in> wrote:

> Hi Ishan,
>
> That's useful info!
>
> The failure I posted was from my second attempt with "export
> GPG_TTY=$(tty)" present. I was prompted the password.
>
> Once I entered the password the "sign-artifacts:" phase looks to have
> completed. The attached output doesn't even show a failure.
>
> I'm going to give it another try in the meanwhile
>
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
> ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Varun, I had the same issue. Please see my notes in the end of the
>> ReleaseToDo section.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Varun Thacker <varun@vthacker.in> wrote:
>>
>>> An update on the RC build : In the first couple of attempts a Solr test
>>> would fail so the process would get aborted.
>>>
>>> Then I hit "gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device" in the
>>> "prepare-release" phase. I was able to fix this by installing a couple of
>>> extra packages and following some instructions online.
>>>
>>> In the last attempt I hit this:
>>>
>>> Prepare release...
>>>   git pull...
>>>   git clone is clean
>>>   git rev: f4fb90886690c829a062f4243a62825f810ad359
>>>   Check DOAP files
>>>   ant clean test validate documentation-lint
>>>   lucene prepare-release
>>>     FAILED: ant -Dversion=6.6.1 -Dgpg.key=7F3DE8DA prepare-release [see
>>> log /tmp/release.log]
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 313, in <module>
>>>     main()
>>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 294, in main
>>>     rev = prepare(c.root, c.version, c.key_id, c.key_password)
>>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 114, in prepare
>>>     runAndSendGPGPassword(cmd, gpgPassword)
>>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 60, in
>>> runAndSendGPGPassword
>>>     raise RuntimeError(msg)
>>> RuntimeError:     FAILED: ant -Dversion=6.6.1 -Dgpg.key=7F3DE8DA
>>> prepare-release [see log /tmp/release.log]
>>>
>>> Here's the release.log output : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys
>>> svqbwcpjrq7ah/release.log?dl=0 which seems to indicate that it
>>> succeeded ?

I can

7.0 today:

StreamContext when