lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <ans...@anshumgupta.net>
Subject Re: 7.0 Release Update
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 01:30:36 GMT
Let's not commit more stuff to 7.0, unless it's a blocker as it gets hard
to track.
At this time, the only commits that would be going in to 7.0 are the ones
that Varun spoke to me about back porting.
Once that is done, I'll cut an RC (most likely tomorrow). In the meanwhile,
I'll work on the release notes, and making sure that the CHANGES are good
for 7.0.

Anshum

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 8:33 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've added SOLR-11183 to the release branch. Please let me know if someone
> has any concerns.
> Thanks,
> Ishan
>
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11262
>> I don't know if it has implications for 7.0 or not.
>>
>> From the issue:
>> """This means that any code using PushWriter (via MapWriter or
>> IteratorWriter) will be broken if one tries to use XML response
>> format. This may easily go unnoticed if one is not using XML response
>> format in testing (JSON or binary is frequently used)."""
>>

>> -Yonik
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 5:14 AM, Noble Paul <noble.paul@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > sorry for the last minute notice. I need to fix the folowing as well.
>> > It may take a few hours
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11239

>> simple
>> passing.