lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Diagrams of internals
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 14:19:31 GMT
By adding to documentation, do you mean the Solr Ref Guide? Or other
internal documentation for developers?

If you were thinking of the Solr Ref Guide, Asciidoctor has a plugin
asciidoctor-diagram that we could add that would allow us to integrate
PlantUML diagrams into pages. The HTML and PDF outputs support it
also, so that's great. If this is what you were thinking, file an
issue to add it and I'll get it done when I get back from vacation
(week after next).

As for whether it's useful - the more diagrams we have (in Ref Guide
or for some other internal use) the better, IMO.