lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Baby steps as new committer
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 09:19:38 GMT
> Ah yes. That's me being overly cautious of (non-existing) unrelated
> changes. Cherry-pick with hash is the clean way.

No worries. I typically go through what will be committed (during the
initial commit) via "git diff --cached" so that I can see whether
there's anything in the staged area that looks suspicious. This is
very much like patch reviewing, perhaps that's why I don't mind that
too.

Afterwards, if a git cherry-pick [hash] to a backward branch goes
cleanly I don't bother to check the actual changes (they are
identical), only test and push.

Dawid