lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in>
Subject Re: Release a 6.6.1
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:12:03 GMT
Hi Ishan,

That's useful info!

The failure I posted was from my second attempt with "export
GPG_TTY=$(tty)" present. I was prompted the password.

Once I entered the password the "sign-artifacts:" phase looks to have
completed. The attached output doesn't even show a failure.

I'm going to give it another try in the meanwhile

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Varun, I had the same issue. Please see my notes in the end of the
> ReleaseToDo section.
>
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Varun Thacker <varun@vthacker.in> wrote:
>
>> An update on the RC build : In the first couple of attempts a Solr test
>> would fail so the process would get aborted.
>>
>> Then I hit "gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device" in the
>> "prepare-release" phase. I was able to fix this by installing a couple of
>> extra packages and following some instructions online.
>>
>> In the last attempt I hit this:
>>
>> Prepare release...
>>   git pull...
>>   git clone is clean
>>   git rev: f4fb90886690c829a062f4243a62825f810ad359
>>   Check DOAP files
>>   ant clean test validate documentation-lint
>>   lucene prepare-release
>>     FAILED: ant -Dversion=6.6.1 -Dgpg.key=7F3DE8DA prepare-release [see
>> log /tmp/release.log]
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 313, in <module>
>>     main()
>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 294, in main
>>     rev = prepare(c.root, c.version, c.key_id, c.key_password)
>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 114, in prepare
>>     runAndSendGPGPassword(cmd, gpgPassword)
>>   File "dev-tools/scripts/buildAndPushRelease.py", line 60, in
>> runAndSendGPGPassword
>>     raise RuntimeError(msg)
>> RuntimeError:     FAILED: ant -Dversion=6.6.1 -Dgpg.key=7F3DE8DA
>> prepare-release [see log /tmp/release.log]
>>
>> Here's the release.log output : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys
>> svqbwcpjrq7ah/release.log?dl=0 which seems to indicate that it succeeded
>> ?
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Varun Thacker <varun@vthacker.in> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Uwe,
>>>
>>> I can backport it and then I'll begin working on the RC

today:

JIRA before
stuff is as safe

safety, thanks