lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release a 6.6.1
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:10:53 GMT
I enabled the 6.6 jobs on ASF Jenkins shortly after Varun emailed.  I also enqueued them (though
they won’t run until the previously enqueued jobs have run).

While I was there I noticed that the Clover jobs were running (7x and master) on the two nodes,
and they had both been running for days, printing heartbeats from tests that had been running
for 65 hrs (master) and 165 hrs (branch_7x).  I killed them both.

Looking at the configuration for the master job, I see it’s calling a "jenkins-clover”
target in the Ant build.  I’ll go take a look and try to reduce the per-test timeout.  I
noticed that Clover job run times on ASF Jenkins nodes were 10-11 hours, so 12 hours should
be more than enough for an individual test.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Aug 18, 2017, at 6:00 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I enabled Jenkins jobs on 👮. ASF was active already.
>
> Uwe
>
> Am 18. August 2017 23:34:23 MESZ schrieb Varun Thacker <varun@vthacker.in>:
> From the bug fixes in lucene 7.0 do we need to backport any of these issues :  LUCENE-7859
/ LUCENE-7871 / LUCENE-7914 ?

> I plan on backporting these three Solr fixes on Sunday
>
> SOLR-10698
> SOLR-10719
> SOLR-11228
>
> looking through the 7.0 bug fixes these two look important to get in as well :
>
> SOLR-10983
> SOLR-9262
>
> So if no one get's to it I'll try backporting them as well
>
> Can someone please enable Jenkins on the branch again?
>

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, that was the original note before we decided to backport a
> bunch of other stuff and I decided it made no sense to omit this one.
> All that has to happen is remove the " (note, not in 7.0, is in 7.1)"
> bits since it's in 6.6, 6.x, 7.0, 7.1 and master.
>
> Good catch!
>

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Varun Thacker <varun@vthacker.in> wrote:
> > Should I then go remove the note part from the CHANGES entry in branch_6_6 ?
> >
> > * SOLR-11177: CoreContainer.load needs to send lazily loaded core
> > descriptors to the proper list rather than send
> >   them all to the transient lists. (Erick Erickson) (note, not in 7.0, is in
> > 7.1)
> >
> > I see a commit for this in branch_7_0
> >
> > Commit c73b5429b722b09b9353ec82627a35e2b864b823 in lucene-solr's branch
> > refs/heads/branch_7_0 from Erick
> > [ https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;h=c73b542 ]
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, it is in 7.0. Everything I moved to 6.6.1 is also in 7.0, or should
> >> be.

Varun!