lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shawn Heisey (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-11514) Solr 7.1 does not honor values specified in solr.in.sh
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:12:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11514?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16215680#comment-16215680
] 

Shawn Heisey commented on SOLR-11514:
-------------------------------------

After a closer look at the output, if you are basing the heap size on the status output from
the init script, then I think it may actually be working, but you're looking in the wrong
place.

Here's an excerpt from the system info dump when I started with min 512MB and max 2GB:

{code:none}
    "memory":{
      "free":"451.3 MB",
      "total":"490.7 MB",
      "max":"1.9 GB",
      "used":"39.4 MB (%2)",
      "raw":{
        "free":473181152,
        "total":514523136,
        "max":2058027008,
"used":41341984,
        "used%":2.0088163974182405}},
{code}

Note that "total" in the main section is 490.7 MB ... but "max" is 1.9 GB.  I bet the status
output you're looking at is showing you that "total" number rather than "max", and that max
is probably increased to the 4GB that you have indicated.  Check the admin UI in a graphical
browser, and see if the third number on the "JVM memory" graph is up around 4000.


> Solr 7.1 does not honor values specified in solr.in.sh
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-11514
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11514
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Default Security Level. Issues are Public) 
>          Components: release-scripts, SolrCloud
>    Affects Versions: 7.1
>         Environment: Linux RHEL 7, 8GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Solr 7.1 in cloud mode (zookeeper
3.4.10)
>            Reporter: Howard Black
>         Attachments: solr, solr.in.sh
>
>
> Just installed Solr 7.1 and zookeeper 3.4.10 into a test environment and it seems that
arguments in the solr.in.sh file in /etc/default are not getting picked up when starting the
server.
> I have this specified in solr.in.sh SOLR_JAVA_MEM="-Xms512m -Xmx6144m" but the JVM shows
-Xms512m -Xmx512m.
> Same goes for SOLR_LOGS_DIR=/mnt/logs  logs are still being written to /opt/solr/server/logs
> The command I used to install Solr is this:
> ./install_solr_service.sh /home/hblack/solr-7.1.0.tgz -i /opt -d /mnt/solr-home -s solr
-u solr



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message