lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 16:57:36 GMT
Adrien,

If it’s ok I would also like to merge SOLR-11458, this significantly reduces the chance
of accidental data loss when using MoveReplicaCmd.

> On 5 Dec 2017, at 14:44, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Quick update:
>
> LUCENE-8043, SOLR-9137, SOLR-11662 and SOLR-11687 have been merged, they will be in 7.2.
>
> LUCENE-8048 and SOLR-11624 are still open.
>
> LUCENE-8048 looks like it could make things better in some cases but I don't think it
is required for 7.2, so I don't plan to hold the release on it.

<mailto:cpoerschke@bloomberg.net>> wrote:
> I'd like to see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9137 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9137>
included in the release. Hoping to commit it on/by Tuesday.

> Christine
>
> From: dev@lucene.apache.org <mailto:dev@lucene.apache.org> At: 12/01/17 10:11:59
> To:  dev@lucene.apache.org <mailto:dev@lucene.apache.org>
> Subject: Lucene/Solr 7.2
> Hello,
>
> It's been more than 6 weeks since we released 7.1 and we accumulated a good set of changes,
so I think we should release Lucene/Solr 7.2.0.

> There is one change that I would like to have before building a RC: LUCENE-8043[1], which
looks like it is almost ready to be merged. Please let me know if there are any other changes
that should make it to the release.

> I volunteer to be the release manager. I'm currently thinking of building the first release
candidate next wednesday, December 6th.