lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 17:45:53 GMT
I attached the patch to SOLR-11714, which disables the ‘searchRate’ trigger - if there
are no objections I’ll commit it shortly to branch_7.2.

> On 6 Dec 2017, at 15:51, Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com> wrote:
>

>> On 6 Dec 2017, at 15:35, Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com <mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>>
wrote:

>> SOLR-11458 is committed and resolved - thanks for the patience.
>

> Actually, one more thing … ;) SOLR-11714 is a more serious bug in a new feature (searchRate
autoscaling trigger). It’s probably best to disable this feature in 7.2 rather than releasing
a broken version, so I’d like to commit a patch that disables it (plus a note in CHANGES.txt).

>>> On 6 Dec 2017, at 14:02, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com <mailto:jpountz@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Thanks for the heads up, Anshum.
>>>
>>> This leaves us with only SOLR-11458 to wait for before building a RC (which might
be ready but just not marked as resolved).

<mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>> a écrit :
>>> Hi Adrien,
>>> I'm planning to skip SOLR-11624 for this release (as per my last comment https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11624?focusedCommentId=16280121&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16280121
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11624?focusedCommentId=16280121&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16280121>).
If someone has an objection, please let me know; otherwise, please feel free to proceed with
the release.
>>> I'll continue working on it anyway, and shall try to have it ready for the next
release.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ishan
>>>
>>> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com <mailto:jpountz@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>>> FYI I created the new branch for 7.2, so you will have to backport to this branch.
No hurry though, I mostly created the branch so that it's fine to cherry-pick changes that
may wait for 7.3 to be released.

>>> Le mer. 6 déc. 2017 à 08:53, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com <mailto:jpountz@gmail.com>>
a écrit :
>>> Sorry to hear that Ishan, I hope you are doing better now. +1 to get SOLR-11624
in.

>>> Le mer. 6 déc. 2017 à 07:57, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com
<mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>> a écrit :
>>> I was a bit unwell over the weekend and yesterday; I'm working on a very targeted
fix for SOLR-11624 right now; I expect it to take another 5-6 hours.
>>> Is that fine with you, Adrien? If not, please go ahead with the release, and
I'll volunteer later for a bugfix release for this after 7.2 is out.

>>> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:25 AM, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com <mailto:jpountz@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>>> Fine with me.
>>>

>>> Le mar. 5 déc. 2017 à 22:34, Varun Thacker <varun@vthacker.in <mailto:varun@vthacker.in>>
a écrit :
>>> Hi Adrien,
>>>
>>> I'd like to commit SOLR-11590 . The issue had a patch couple of weeks ago and
has been reviewed but never got committed. I've run all the tests twice as well to verify.

maybe try to get someone familiar with the code to review it to make sure it doesn't have
unexpected side-effects?

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>> a écrit :
> [...]
the chance of accidental data loss when using MoveReplicaCmd.

I don't think it is required for 7.2, so I don't plan to hold the release on it.

VIC) <cpoerschke@bloomberg.net <mailto:cpoerschke@bloomberg.net>> wrote:
> [...]
included in the release. Hoping to commit it on/by Tuesday.

12/01/17 10:11:59

a good set of changes, so I think we should release Lucene/Solr 7.2.0.

which looks like it is almost ready to be merged. Please let me know if there are any other
changes that should make it to the release.

the first release candidate next wednesday, December 6th.