lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 17:08:29 GMT

> On 5 Dec 2017, at 18:05, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Andrzej, ok to merge since it is a bug fix. Since we're close to the RC build, maybe
try to get someone familiar with the code to review it to make sure it doesn't have unexpected
side-effects?

Sure I’ll do this - thanks!

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>> a écrit :
> Adrien,
>
> If it’s ok I would also like to merge SOLR-11458, this significantly reduces the chance
of accidental data loss when using MoveReplicaCmd.

>> On 5 Dec 2017, at 14:44, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com <mailto:jpountz@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Quick update:
>>
>> LUCENE-8043, SOLR-9137, SOLR-11662 and SOLR-11687 have been merged, they will be
in 7.2.

>> LUCENE-8048 and SOLR-11624 are still open.
>>
>> LUCENE-8048 looks like it could make things better in some cases but I don't think
it is required for 7.2, so I don't plan to hold the release on it.

<mailto:cpoerschke@bloomberg.net>> wrote:
>> I'd like to see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9137 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9137>
included in the release. Hoping to commit it on/by Tuesday.

>> Christine
>>
>> From: dev@lucene.apache.org <mailto:dev@lucene.apache.org> At: 12/01/17 10:11:59
>> To:  dev@lucene.apache.org <mailto:dev@lucene.apache.org>
>> Subject: Lucene/Solr 7.2
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's been more than 6 weeks since we released 7.1 and we accumulated a good set of
changes, so I think we should release Lucene/Solr 7.2.0.

>> There is one change that I would like to have before building a RC: LUCENE-8043[1],
which looks like it is almost ready to be merged. Please let me know if there are any other
changes that should make it to the release.

>> I volunteer to be the release manager. I'm currently thinking of building the first
release candidate next wednesday, December 6th.