lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Erick Erickson (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (SOLR-11843) Admin UI -- collection creation sends routerField parameter instead of router.field
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 17:42:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11843?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16327442#comment-16327442
] 

Erick Erickson edited comment on SOLR-11843 at 1/16/18 5:41 PM:
----------------------------------------------------------------

I took a quick look at this, here's the problem

1> use the admin UI to add a collection

2> click "show advanced"

3> enter "blivet" in the routerField text box

The command in the solr log is below. Note "routerField" rather than "router.field" is passed
as the parameter name:

replicationFactor=1&routerName=compositeId&collection.configName=_default&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=eoe&router.name=compositeId&action=CREATE&numShards=1&*routerField*=blivet...

It doesn't matter whether the implicit or compositeId field is used.

Another anomaly is that "routerName" is passed as well as "router.name".

params={replicationFactor=1&shards=2&*routerName=implicit*&collection.configName=default&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=bonkers&*router.name=implicit*&action=CREATE&numShards=1&routerField=whatever

In lieu of restructuring the command itself to be consistent by either makingĀ all parameters
camelCase or use the dot.notation, we should make the labels on the text boxes match the real
parameter as well as fix what's sent to Solr I should think. Then just pass the correct parameter...


was (Author: erickerickson):
I took a quick look at this, here's the problem

1> use the admin UI to add a collection

2> click "show advanced"

3> enter "blivet" in the routerField text box

The command in the solr log is below. Note "routerField" rather than "router.field" is passed
as the parameter name:

replicationFactor=1&routerName=compositeId&collection.configName=_default&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=eoe&router.name=compositeId&action=CREATE&numShards=1&*routerField*=blivet...

It doesn't matter whether the implicit or compositeId field is used.

Another anomaly is that "routerName" is passed as well as "router.name".

params={replicationFactor=1&shards=2&*routerName=implicit*&collection.configName=_default&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=bonkers&*router.name=implicit*&action=CREATE&numShards=1&routerField=whatever&wt=json&_=1516123492669

In lieu of restructuring the command itself to be consistent by either makingĀ all parameters
camelCase or use the dot.notation, we should make the labels on the text boxes match the real
parameter as well as fix what's sent to Solr I should think. Then just pass the correct parameter...

> Admin UI -- collection creation sends routerField parameter instead of router.field
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-11843
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11843
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Default Security Level. Issues are Public) 
>          Components: Admin UI
>    Affects Versions: 6.0
>            Reporter: Shawn Heisey
>            Priority: Major
>
> One of the important fields for collection creation is the router.field parameter.  This
shows up in the admin UI as "routerField" and when you enter a value there, the admin UI sends
this information in the collections API request as a parameter named routerField ... but it
should be sent as "router.field" instead.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message