lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Solr metrics for Authentication / Authorization plugins?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 12:23:09 GMT
Hi,

In the Metrics API we currently expose metrics and timings from Handlers, Query, Update, JVM,
threads etc.

I have not found any metrics related to Authentication and Authorization plugins. It could
be interesting to track metrics like:

* Which plugin is in use
* Number of authentication attempts
* Number of successful and unsuccessful authentications
* Timing

Similarly for authorization, there could be interesting stats.

All auth&authz will be part of some other request, so I'm not sure if it makes more sense
to tag this info as new counters on each handler, or keep them as a separate metric category,
with info on endpoint as metadata?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com