lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr issues in status "IN PROGRESS"
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 15:07:06 GMT
The error is "NOTE: You do not have permission to perform a bulk transition on the selected
7 issues."
A little googl'ing shows that this is because I do not have permission to transitino one of
them either.
And that is probably because our workflow is broken - it contains a dangling "IN PROGRESS"
sate, but
it is not connected with any arrows to other states, so it is impossible to get out out it.
And I cannot change (temporarily) the workflow either, it asks me to contact Jira admin.

This makes me think whether we perhaps need to ask Infra to fix our workflow and/or transition
all IN PROGRESS issues for us.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 3. aug. 2018 kl. 15:42 skrev Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com>:
>
> Are you sure you don't have the permissions? The user "janhoy" has Administrator-level
permissions for the SOLR project, and the Administrator role has the permissions to transition
issues, so you should be able to.

> If you can't make that change it's possible you're trying to transition to a status that
is not allowed according to the workflow.

> Cassandra
>
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 6:39 AM Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com <mailto:jan.asf@cominvent.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some issues in status "IN PROGRESS" which are impossible to transistion to any
other state after the recent changes. The resolve button is not there and not in menus either.
So I believe these are trapped in no-mans-land… There are a total of 64 issues with this
status.

> I guess it makes sense to bulk transition all of these to state OPEN. But I don't seem
to have the JIRA karma to bulk transition issues either. Can some other committer make an
attempt?