lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Keeping RefGuide screenshots up to date
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2018 23:01:48 GMT
> Neither though I think will get a collection into the correct pre-populated state

We already have JUnit, so we could write a new test suite for UI testing, perhaps
one that is not run by default, but has its own ant targer? Using JUnit we can
pre-populate Solr clusters. The SolrUITestBase class could have conveience
methods to create collections, feed example docs etc.

Then, using Selenium webdriver as part of a JUnit test, we can navigate to the
exact location in the UI we need, asserting various things along the way, and
finally we can do screenshots of the whole page or limited to a CSS selector.
See http://www.baeldung.com/java-selenium-with-junit-and-testng <http://www.baeldung.com/java-selenium-with-junit-and-testng>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com