lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 7.5
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 08:16:48 GMT
Jim, we have some release process improvements in LUCENE-5143. Basically, we'll only have one
KEYS file instead of three plus those in the versioned folders that we have today. And the
release py script will start checking that the RM's key is present in the KEYS file. Would
you be ok with that being committed and you being the first RM to use it for 7.5.0?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 3. sep. 2018 kl. 10:42 skrev jim ferenczi <jim.ferenczi@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> 7.4 has been released two months ago on June 29th and we have new features, enhancements
and fixes that are not released yet so I'd like to start working on releasing Lucene/Solr
7.5.0.
> There's also a bad bug with index sorting that deletes the wrong documents when delete
by query is used:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8466 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8466>
>
> I can create the 7.5 branch later this week and build the first RC early next week if
that works for everyone. Please let me know if there are bug fixes that needs to be fixed
in 7.5 and might not be ready by then.