lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr add doc with overwrite=false and presence of UpdateLog
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:02:47 GMT
Do you mean write new code for adding a feature for _version_ to behave
like overwrite=false?  I suppose anything's possible with new code, though
I'm not sure if it fits semantically since the result of overwrite=false is
the possibility of a duplicated document -- something otherwise impossible.

I don't really like the very existence of overwrite=false and don't want us
to take on the burdens of supporting it in dubious cases, like having an
updateLog.