lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject SolrMetricReporterTest failures
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 15:02:51 GMT
Locally, this test fails 100% of the time but not on Jenkins and I'm
clueless. This is on a current pull of master. I think it's related to
SOLR-12055: make loggers async by default.

The _test_ succeeds, but the _run_ fails with a leaked thread. The
stack trace mentions "disruptor" which is definitely the async change.
Plus, if I revert log4j2.xml in test-files to synch logging,
everything's fine.

Anyone have a clue where to even start looking? Or why this isn't
failing on Jenkins? I've cleaned my ivy cache, re-cloned master and it
still fails.

Partial stack trace:
SEVERE: 1 thread leaked from SUITE scope at
org.apache.solr.metrics.SolrMetricReporterTest:
   1) Thread[id=14, name=Log4j2-TF-1-AsyncLoggerConfig--1,
state=TIMED_WAITING, group=TGRP-SolrMetricReporterTest]
        at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:215)
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2078)
        at com.lmax.disruptor.TimeoutBlockingWaitStrategy.waitFor(TimeoutBlockingWaitStrategy.java:38)
        at com.lmax.disruptor.ProcessingSequenceBarrier.waitFor(ProcessingSequenceBarrier.java:56)
        at com.lmax.disruptor.BatchEventProcessor.run(BatchEventProcessor.java:128)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Meanwhile I'm digging....