lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2018 14:13:28 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks for inviting me to be a committer!

Bio:
I've enjoyed programming computers for over 30 years now, starting on an
Timex Sinclair 2k (with 16k expansion pack!). Until 2002 programming was a
hobby and a set of high school and college courses that were fun ways to
fulfill requirements. In 2002 faced with extremely low paying and sparse
job prospects I switched career paths from Ecology/Evolution/Ornithology to
Programming. I've been contributing to open source almost from the start. I
contributed several tasks to Apache Ant between 2003 and 2004. In 2010 I
first encountered Solr and 2012 I was given the opportunity to work as an
independent search consultant, thus I founded Needham Software LLC and been
contributing to Lucene/Solr with increasing frequency since 2013 and have
attended the last 5 Revolution/Activate conferences.

My other hobbies include the Game of Go and SCCA Solo style Autocross

Again, thanks for inviting me and I look forward to this enhanced
opportunity to improve Lucene/Solr.

-Gus
https://www.linkedin.com/in/gusheck/

http://www.the111shift.com