lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2018 15:29:15 GMT
Welcome Gus!

Martin
________________________________
From: Jason Gerlowski <gerlowskija@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 10:18 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Welcome Gus Heck as Lucene/Solr committer

Congrats and welcome Gus!
On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 10:13 AM Gus Heck <gus.heck@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for inviting me to be a committer!
>
> Bio:
> I've enjoyed programming computers for over 30 years now, starting on an Timex Sinclair
2k (with 16k expansion pack!). Until 2002 programming was a hobby and a set of high school
and college courses that were fun ways to fulfill requirements. In 2002 faced with extremely
low paying and sparse job prospects I switched career paths from Ecology/Evolution/Ornithology
to Programming. I've been contributing to open source almost from the start. I contributed
several tasks to Apache Ant between 2003 and 2004. In 2010 I first encountered Solr and 2012
I was given the opportunity to work as an independent search consultant, thus I founded Needham
Software LLC and been contributing to Lucene/Solr with increasing frequency since 2013 and
have attended the last 5 Revolution/Activate conferences.

> My other hobbies include the Game of Go and SCCA Solo style Autocross
>
> Again, thanks for inviting me and I look forward to this enhanced opportunity to improve
Lucene/Solr.