lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Admin UI - Collections Management
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 22:37:22 GMT
Hi and thanks for offering to help.

If you are not familiar with the new Autoscaling framework, I'd start by exploring it, since
it aims at solving replica placement without explicit commands.
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/solrcloud-autoscaling.html

Next, I'd try to find an open JIRA issue to solve, perhaps something related to Collections
API and/or Admin UI. Pick something very simple, just to get started with the procedure of
contributing, and then look at e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10209 which
seems related in that it aims to expose collection api through UI

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 14. jan. 2019 kl. 21:39 skrev Branham, Jeremy (Experis) <jbrcm@allstate.com>:
>
> I recently split some shards, and the new replicas didn’t go to the nodes I wanted
them.
> The collections API allowed me to move the replicas around by investigating the core
names and locations, then constructing the correct urls to execute the moves.