lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Admin UI - Collections Management
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 22:54:46 GMT
bq. The collections API allowed me to move the replicas around by
investigating the core names and locations,

What about the MOVEREPLICA command?
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/collections-api.html

Although that still requires you to know things like node names and
replica names. It'd be waaaaay cool to have
some kind of drag-n-drop or wizard-driven capability, perhaps built on
top of that. In addition to Jan's
suggestions.

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:37 PM Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:

> Hi and thanks for offering to help.
>
> If you are not familiar with the new Autoscaling framework, I'd start by exploring it,
since it aims at solving replica placement without explicit commands.
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/solrcloud-autoscaling.html
>
> Next, I'd try to find an open JIRA issue to solve, perhaps something related to Collections
API and/or Admin UI. Pick something very simple, just to get started with the procedure of
contributing, and then look at e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10209 which
seems related in that it aims to expose collection api through UI

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>
> 14. jan. 2019 kl. 21:39 skrev Branham, Jeremy (Experis) <jbrcm@allstate.com>:
>
> I recently split some shards, and the new replicas didn’t go to the nodes I wanted
them.
> The collections API allowed me to move the replicas around by investigating the core
names and locations, then constructing the correct urls to execute the moves.