lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexOptions without frequencies
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 06:14:39 GMT
Hi Nitin,

We need to encore frequencies somehow in order to know how many
positions a posting has, so we couldn't really optimize storage for
that use-case. Besides, I suspect that frequencies are only a tiny
part of the disk footprint of an inverted index when positions are
enabled.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 8:59 PM Nitin Goyal <nitin.goyal@sprinklr.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does it make sense to have another option for IndexOptions, i.e. DOCS_AND_POSITIONS
> Use case is that we are looking on to decrease our storage and we don't care about frequencies
but we do need positions for phrase queries.

--
Adrien