lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 06:46:52 GMT
I guess selfwritten loader means that you split up the file in 32 kB chunks or smaller and
then posts each of those 32 kB chunks to the multi valued field.

> Am 18.01.2019 um 11:51 schrieb Kranthi Kumar K <KranthiKumar.K@ccubefintech.com>:
>
> Hi team,
>
> Thank you Erick Erickson ,Bernd Fehling , Jan Hoydahl for your suggested solutions. I’ve
tried the suggested one’s and still we are unable to import files having            size
 >32 kb, it is displaying same error.
>
> Below link has the suggested solutions. Please have a look once.
>
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-Size-Limitation-upto-32-KB-files-td4419779.html
>
> As per Erick Erickson, I’ve changed the string type to Text type based and still the
issue occurs .
> I’ve changed from :
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="string_rev" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> Changed to:
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> If we do so, it is showing error in the log, please find the error in the attachment.
>
> If I change to:
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> It is not showing any error , but the issue still exists.
>
> As per Jan Hoydahl, I have gone through the link that you have provided and checked ‘requestParsers’
tag in solrconfig.xml,

> RequestParsers tag in our application is as follows:
>
> ‘<requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="true"
>                     multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048000"
>                     formdataUploadLimitInKB="2048"
>                     addHttpRequestToContext="false"/>’
> Request parsers, which we are using and in the link you have provided are similar. And
still we are unable to import the files size >32 kb.

<srinivasareddy.karri@ccubefintech.com>; Michelle Ngo <Michelle.Ngo@ccube.com.au>
> Subject: Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation
>
> Hi Team,
>

> Can we have any updates on the below issue? We are awaiting your reply.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kranthi kumar.K

But recently, we are facing an issue with Solr Data Import. It is not importing the files
with size greater than 32766 bytes (i.e, 32 kb) and showing 2 exceptions:

> java.lang.illegalargumentexception
> org.apache.lucene.util.bytesref hash$maxbyteslengthexceededexception
>

> Please find the attached screenshot for reference.
>

> We have searched for solutions in many forums and didn’t find the exact solution for
this issue. Interestingly, we found in the article, by changing the type of the ‘field’
from sting to  ‘text_general’ might solve the issue. Please have a look in the below forum: