lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Mandatory migration of git repositories to gitbox.apache.org
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:28:51 GMT
This was done yesterday, but it appears that our Jenkins jobs need to be updated? I looked
at a couple of Ref Guide builds and doc changes I made yesterday and today aren’t showing
up, but it’s hard for me to tell when looking at the other jobs for artifacts to know if
that’s true for all the jobs or not.

Could someone who knows these jobs check?

I think we have some wiki docs that need to be updated with the new repo address. I’ll get
to it eventually unless someone has time sooner.

Thanks,
Cassandra
On Jan 3, 2019, 10:23 AM -0600, David Smiley <david.w.smiley@gmail.com>, wrote:
> Good questions Erick; please post as a comment to the issue.
>
> > On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 11:21 AM Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > +1 and thanks!
> > >
> > > Any time works for me. I assume we'll get some idea of when it'll
> > > happen, I'm also assuming that the git-wip-us.apache.org will just
> > > completely stop working so there's no chance of pushing something to
> > > the wrong place?

configuration that refers to git-wip-us.apache.org will need to change to gitbox.apache.org
open up .git/config to see what I mean.  At your prerogative, you may instead work with GitHub's
mirror exclusively -- a new option.  If you want to do that, see https://gitbox.apache.org
which is pretty helpful (do read it no matter what you do), and includes a link to the "account
linking page".  Personally, I intend to commit to gitbox but I will also link my accounts
as I suspect this will enable more direct use of the GitHub website like closing old pull
requests (unconfirmed).

next week (Jan 9th).  It appears to be a minor inconvenience.  If there are problems, we'll
have some work days after to deal with it.  And doing this ahead of the mass migration may
give us more individual attention from the busy infra team if there are problems.  Can I
get some +1's?